
Hey guys I just finished reading a great article on the differences between student centered and teacher centered classroom. It was great. It outlined the what each was and and discussed some of the positive things and some of the negatives of each. I believe my classroom has elements of student centered learning but I think I could do a lot better. I will send you the reference for the article later. Trent.
References
Brown, K. L. (2003, Fall). From teacher-centered to learner-centered curriculum: Improving learning in diverse classrooms. Education, 124(1), 49.
References
Brown, K. L. (2003, Fall). From teacher-centered to learner-centered curriculum: Improving learning in diverse classrooms. Education, 124(1), 49.
Gosh Trent I really liked what you wrote. No really you are amazing.
ReplyDeleteLove
Trent
Well I think Trents pretty good looking...has anyone but me noticed? -Trents Wife.
ReplyDeleteWell, I have no comment on Trent's looks, but I do believe we all wish to be student-centered in our teaching pedagogy, but reality shows much teaching is "test" and "curriculum" driven, so more teacher-centered approaches to student learning seem to be present in the classroom.
ReplyDeleteThe article suggests that we sacrifice student needs and remain teacher centered for a couple of reasons. Time and schedule was a big reason. The article suggested that we just don't have enough time to be open ended with everything. The other reason was teachers teach to core regs. They stream line everything to get students to fulfill requirements set by the higher ups.
ReplyDeleteHow do I get my name to post intead of rhino
ReplyDeleteTrent
Trent you would have to sign in as someone else. . if I signed in under my other blog then came to our site, then made a comment. It would show that my blog made a comment to this blog. o hold on i'll try to show you.. no promises.
ReplyDeleteS. Phillips
k let me see if it worked. I signed into my account then I came over here to leave a comment lets see if It will show as my name instead of Rhino Relations.
ReplyDeleteS.
It is interesting how we can learn technology use even through blogging:-) Good work Rhinos! FYI, in blogging, don't always think that all who read a blog have the same background as the author. Sometimes we need to give more details (in terms of the articles, in this case) so the reader has a better understanding of the suthors comments.
ReplyDelete