Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Entering the Blogging World

It has been fun and interesting wrinting my first posts. It has been even more fun looking at ideas on other blogs. I can see how students would be able to share their own ideas and also see the ideas of others of their peers on any particular topic. If younger people really make up over 50% of blogging world (Huffaker, 2009) then this could be a wonderful tool for the teacher that is able to use it. I can also see how this may be just the forum some students need to be able to express their ideas without being concerned with face to face communication or oratory skills. I think it is a great way for students to write more and post on school topics and communicate with each other. -Trent

References

Huffaker, D. (2004). The educated blogger: Using weblogs to promote literacy in the classroom. First Monday, 9(6).

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I agree with you Trent. And I am so glad this site is filled with references:-)

    ReplyDelete