
I also read Teacher Dispositions as Predictors of Classroom Technology Use by Rachel Vannatta and Nancy Fordham. The time constraints that were addressed repeatedly were interesting. I have heard teachers say on more than one occasion that they would not participate, change, or be open to new learning opportunities if they were not going to be sufficiently payed for not only the training, but their drive time and food as well.
For me the article did not touch enough on the teachers "Disposition" if you will. Even with all the technology and training in the world how do you change the attitude of a close minded teacher let alone an entire school?
No duh that teachers committed to classroom improvement who are comfortable with technology and have the time and training are going to use it more (I mean honestly, do fish live in water?) . . . that would be an administrators dream. . .
PS. blogging is fun. . . I feel liberated, bad grammar, half thoughts, run on sentences, no holds bar opinions, I can say whatever I want and not have to worry about offending someone, this is awesome.
S.

I love the cartoon. Of us who is the rhino, who is the driver and who is the jeep?
ReplyDeleteTrent
Thanks for the help on how to get my name to be the one who comments. You are a blogging queen. I like blogging too. You can talk like this, M R spiders. M R not. O S M R. C M E D B D eyes? O my L M R spiders!
ReplyDeleteYour fello rhino,
Trent